The Monro is a busy bar and restaurant which offers a number of facilities for people of different abilities. Importantly, we do not have a disabled toilet but we do offer additional help for those with other abilities.
• On request we provide large print menus for the partially sited. This is an on-request service as our menus regularly change
• Black cabs fitted with the necessary equipment to carry disabled guests can be contacted on 0151 708 7080
• All parts of the premises internally are suitable for disabled guests.
The beer garden is accessed using three steep stone steps with a handrail.
• There are no disabled toilets but the toilets are suitable for those with assisted limited mobility
• We are located in the City Centre.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• There is on-street pay & display parking.
• Disabled pass holders can use these bays.
• Entering The Monro via a single outward pulling door with 30 cm vertical brass handle.
• 1 inch / 25mm step into the premises.
• Porterage and assistance available.
• There is a provision for guide dog bowls.
• There are no signs displayed on the premises except the no smoking sign displayed at the front of the premises. Statutory legal notices are displayed and copies of these can be sent to you by prior arrangement.
• We cannot supply Braille menus as we change our menus constantly.
• The Monro is externally lit with bright street lamps and our own external lighting.
• There is a single step from the bar into the restaurant although you can dine anywhere. No notice is required to use the ramp. Please ask a member of staff.
Main Entrance, Reception
• There is only one entrance to The Monro as detailed above with no gradients but a single 1 inch / 25mm rise.
• The music can be turned down on request and zoned to particular areas.
• We have pads and pencils available for your use.
• If you cannot gain access using the door handle and cannot attract attention, call 0151 707 9933 for assistance.
• Lighting is key to our business and is dimmed and brightened according to the time of day and weather.
• We can offer a familiarisation tour prior to your visit.
• There is a single step to the toilets from the bar. This level takes you to the toilet lobby and there is a very slight gradient as the street is on a hill. A further single half step is crossed to access the gents' toilet.
• Access to the upper level which is normally made via 2 steps can be made using the alternative route which is no further, to make use of the upper level which has only one step. Ramp available - please ask.
• The bar height is standard bar height.
Public Areas - Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors etc
• We have no disabled lifts - all services are provided on the ground floor.
• All internal areas can be accessed via a single step for which we provide a ramp.
• There are grab rails for the single step and the twin step.
• There are no baby changing facilities but we please ask as we can normally provide a private room.
• We provide water bowls for guide dogs.
Public Areas - Sitting room, lounges, lobbies etc
• Flooring is a mix of oak wood flooring, black & white chequered tiles and dark blue/black carpets.
• There is colour contrast between the walls and floor.
• Skirting boards are painted in lighter wall colours.
Restaurant / Dining Room, Bar & Bar area
• All seating is movable and guests can be accommodated where they please subject to existing bookings.
• There is a mix of wooden tables with four legs and tables with central support.
• We cater for dietary requirements - please let us know. We cannot guarantee an allergen-free environment.
• Non-smoking throughout.
• We have a beer garden which is accessed via two, deep-set, stone steps.
• The area is uneven for the infirm.
• There are no outside toilet facilities.
• Disabled visitors will be directly assisted by a member of staff on request.
• Disabled visitors in accordance with current fire policy will wait for other visitors to leave the premises prior to being escorted to leave.
Can we improve or add to this Access Statement? If so please email Will Lyons.
25mm step on threshold
Single step to restaurant
No disabled toilet
Two deep steps to garden
No ramp to garden
Single step to toilets
Large format menus available